Can you smell it…?
Ahhhh… it’s the aroma of someone firing up their gill and laying a nice juicy slab of meat on the warm grill with just the right amount of seasoning and spices to makes your mouth water.
Yessss… summer is OFFICIALLY here and you know that that means…
1. It means it’s time to hit the pool and FINALLY show off your summer abs.
2. It means grilling season has FINALLY arrived.
Now, if you’re like me and love to get outdoors and grill all summer while the weather is nice (and keep your abs on point), I think you’re going to love the recipes I have for you today.
The first one is a healthy burger recipe that my buddy Dave Ruel aka The Muscle Cook gave me, and I wanted to share it with you because (1) it is the bomb; and (2) I want you to be able to impress all of your friends with your new healthy grill-master skills this summer.
“THE EXTREME BURGER”
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
· 12oz braising lean ground beef
· 1tbsp bone marrow
· 4 back bacon medallions
· 1⁄2 cup pineapple
· 1⁄2 an onion, diced
· 2 tbsp parsley (nely chopped)
· 1 chili, diced
· 2 buns, toasted
· 1 tbsp low fat mayo
· 1 tomato, cut into slices
· 1/2 tsp sea salt
· 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Take your beef, bone marrow, sea salt and pepper. Mold into two patties.
2. Grill for 5-6 minutes on each side then place to one side.
3. Cook off your back bacon for 4-5 minutes and nely chop. Add to your chili, onion, pineapple and parsley. Mix thoroughly.
4. Place your burger onto your bun, add your bacon relish, tomato and a drizzle of mayo.
NUTRITIONAL FACTS PER BURGER
Calories – 670
Protein – 39g
Carbs – 31g
Fat – 40
Dave’s brand new Fit Cooking BBQ Cookbook has over 50 Grill Recipes just like this one – and it has easy mixes and pairings for rubs and marinades as well.
This is a GREAT ADDITION to the kitchen that will make you look like a legend when you’re entertaining friends or family this summer because they will taste some of the best recipes they’ve ever had…
…and you can tell them it’s actually healthy and good for them to impress them even more 🙂
The cookbook has everything from Primo Burgers, Chicken, Pork, Fish, Rubs, sides and Salads – pretty much everything you need to make Grilling Season 2017 a success.
It’s pretty good stuff and I thought you’d like it. You can check it out here.
Thanks for reading – be sure to pound the ‘LIKE’ button and share this recipe with a friend who loves to eat!